GuidanceChaminade-Madonna provides its students with the following guidance and counseling services:
- Personal and individual attention
- Academic supervision, direction, and planning
- Personal counseling
- Teacher - Parent - Counselor - Student Relationships
- Complete Testing Program:
- High School Entrance Exam: 9th grade
- PSAT: 9th, 10th and 11th grades
- ACT: 11th and 12th grades
- SAT: 11th and 12th grades
- Advanced Placement (AP) : 16 Subject Areas
Chaminade-Madonna provides its students and parents with the following College Placement services:
- Individual college application and scholarship assistance
- College Boot Camp for Seniors
- Annual College Fair for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders with more than 70 universities and colleges in attendance
- College Information Night for Juniors and Parents
- College Financial Assistance Meeting for Seniors and parents
- Career and College Planning Programs
- Florida Bright Futures.
Partnering with Ray Dass, all students participate daily in a standardized testing preparation program. The purpose of this program is to enhance their performance on standardized measures which are used for college admissions as well as scholarship opportunities.
The Guidance department works closely with the Registrar’s office to ensure accurate and up-to-date records are maintained in each student’s permanent record.
Official transcripts of completed work reflect two semesters of achievement for each year. Current seniors should discuss their transcript requests with the College Placement Director to ascertain whether or not their receiving school(s) will accept electronic transcripts. Students who transfer out of C-M will receive their transcript as a part of the withdrawal process. There is no charge for transcripts for C-M students. Alumni transcripts may be requested from the Guidance Department for a $10 per copy. The turn-around time for the completion of requested transcripts is 5 -7 business days after the request form is completed and submitted.
All parents and students have individual accounts with the "Family Connection" college assistance program.
For questions relating to the service that Guidance offers, please contact one of the personnel below:
|Ms. Kristi Tucker|
Director of Guidance
954-989-5150 ext. 138
Ms. Kati Harvey
Ms. Blanca Suarez