Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory, a Catholic secondary school in the Marianist and Catholic traditions, boasts a strong academic and student-life program for students in grades 9-12. Located in Hollywood, our school is a vibrant and life-enriching place for professional educators to practice and refine their craft. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for all of our employees.
We are also accepting resumes for future teaching positions.
Please send a cover letter and resume by mail or email to:
Mrs. Raiza Echemendia
Assistant Head of School
We are looking for hands on customer oriented Accounts Receivable Accountant to manage all financial transactions related to student billing, deposit and minimal grant compliance and reporting for a private high school. The position will also be responsible for managing the financial aid program.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with accounts receivable, be highly organized, have excellent and professional telephone/communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and a passion for quality customer service.
Ultimately, you will ensure the school revenues are recorded and collected with accuracy meeting the monthly and fiscal year end closing deadlines. You will be communicating person-to-person, by telephone and email to the school’s constituent communities with a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain and control the operations of the accounts receivable function including reconciling receivables monthly.
- Maintain and control the operations of all miscellaneous cash deposits.
- Maintain and control the operations of the financial aid tuition assistance program.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Five plus years work experience in Accounts Receivable
- English/Spanish Bilingual spoken and written preferred
- Ability to support the mission of the school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement for the position
- Professional knowledge and skills in the application of accounting principles and collections
- Practical knowledge of accounts receivable, journal entries and reconciliation methods
- Planning and organization skills are must for this position; an ability to plan, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills are necessary
- Intermediate computer application skills in spreadsheets, databases, and basic knowledge computer networking, accounting systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher.
Benefits and schedule
- Classification Full-time Exempt Employee
- Schedule Monday to Friday with one Saturday for Open House
- Excellent Health and Benefits package
- Anticipated hire date is July 1, 2019
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Carlton Preston, Chief Financial Officer; email@example.com